The people at Planet Rush must have read my mind. I thought about creating a device like the Voyager Wireless Charging Station and Power Bank when I first discovered Qi wireless charging. This device allows you to wirelessly charge a Qi compatible device. It also works as an external battery.
Planet Rush sent me a sample in exchange for this review. Here’s what I think about the device:
Here is what I like about the Voyager Wireless Charging Station & Portable Power Bank:
- Works as advertised. It charges my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 quickly with no issues.
- Because the device doubles as a battery and a wireless charger, the battery is always charged. This is a huge benefit because, if I forget to charge my phone, I can simply take the battery with me and charge the phone on the go, wirelessly. How cool is that?!?!?
- It has a solid, sturdy build and an attractive design. The styling of the device is a nice bonus. It looks pretty cool on my desk.
- Coupled with a pair of short USB cables, you can charge three devices while maintaining a neat set up.
- Unlike most external batteries, you won’t forget to charge this one because it needs to be plugged in to charge your phone.
Here are some of the things I didn’t like:
- The surface of this unit is a bit smooth. My Note 5 case is also smooth so the phone. I don’t like how easily the phone slides around.
- I wish the battery was bigger. If they sold a different unit with a bigger battery, I’d buy it.
- I wish the unit was a bit cheaper (or the batter was a bit bigger).
Should You Buy the Voyager Wireless Charging Station & Portable Power Bank?
I have several great wireless chargers and the Voyager Charging Station/Power Bank has become my favorite. It works as advertised- it charges my phone wirelessly and works as an external battery. This combination of uses is why you should buy this device.
Yes, you could get a cheap external battery and a cheap wireless charger. I just think it’s better to have an all-in-one unit because you are more likely to keep the battery charged.
The device isn’t cheap but it works well and looks great. Sometime is cool to pay a little extra for something cool. Definitely recommended!